Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Effective management of finance is critical to the successful management of any business. It is a very interesting and dynamic field that affects all areas of business and many areas of personal life.
The Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in finance. This program aims to provide students with the understanding of financial concepts. Majors gain specialization in a specific field of finance by taking advanced courses in that area. Study abroad opportunities also prepare students for a global society.
Aside from the business core, students study a variety of topics, including:
- Financial modeling
- International finance
- Portfolio management
This program is designed to provide careers in:
- Corporate finance
- Financial institutions
- Financial planning
- Private equity
Gary L. Tilkin Financial Markets Center
The center provides students with experiential learning opportunities utilizing data bases, such as CRSP, Compustat, S&P Capital IQ, and application-based exercises.
Why Study Finance at Grand Valley?
- All courses are taught by faculty who have strong academic credentials and are experts in the field.
- Smaller class sizes allow you and the faculty to interact and get to know each other.
- Current technology (Excel®, financial simulation, etc.) are used in the classroom and are integrated into courses.
- A Finance Internship Expo is conducted every year to avail internship opportunities. Internships allow students to earn money and gain valuable business experience.
- The active portfolio management course offers students the opportunity to manage a stock portfolio of over $250,000. This offers real world application of the finance curriculum.
- Seidman Investment Portfolio Organization (IPO), a finance student organization, manages a stock portfolio of over $50,000. It is completely managed by students, giving them valuable expertise in portfolio management.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids.
For More Information
Seidman College of Business
“When interviewing for an employer with which to partner for my career, GVSU was highly respected. The education that I received provided a valuable base and enticed me to continue learning throughout life.”