Allied Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Allied Health Sciences (AHS) is intended to meet the educational needs of the aspiring health care professional.
AHS can be tailored to meet the health professions goals of students with specific academic emphases.
Pre-health professional emphases for students desiring to apply for a graduate degree in:
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
Entry level baccalaureate emphases in:
- General Allied Health Sciences
- Respiratory Care
- Health Professional degree completion - for those holding an associate degree in particular health professions
Those declaring an AHS major must choose one of the above emphases and follow the curriculum guidelines for that emphasis. In addition, every student must complete:
- Medical Terminology
- Intro to Health Professions
- Health Care Management
- Intro to Health Care Research
- Ethics and Legal Responsibilities
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that ten of the 20 fastest growing occupations are healthcare related. They also predict 3.2 million new wage and salary healthcare jobs between 2008 and 2018.
For More Information
College of Health Professions Department of Allied Health Sciences